Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
We use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer;
build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
There are 5 key indicators that we should expect to see improvement across:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18
- engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school;
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement;
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport;
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils;
- increased participation in competitive sport.
Please see the attached document which indicates how Mount Pleasant have used the money effectively to develop PE provision and support children develop healthy lifestyles.